Our last post framed up areas of focus to consider when developing your 2013 budget, and of equal importance, a winning strategy for getting budget approval.
In this series of deeper dives, we’ll take a look at research, and how it can impact your growth.
Research is often thought as it relates to corporate strategy, marketing strategy, and brand strategy. Most organizations use strategy around large-scale enterprise-wide projects, and often do not consider a more targeted approach to research, for very specific areas of the business. As well, many organizations outsource this capability because they do not have an internal research function. This can lead to research being an event, where the scope is often widened and everything is thrown into the project to justify the effort.
But consider that there is no more powerful way to justify your annual budget request than to have statically valid data supporting it, versus anecdotes or gut feelings. Wouldn’t you want a more scientific means of proving your hypothesis? To get a pulse on the market, or hear what your channel partner is saying?
MarketSource can deliver just that, through laser-focused research. We have developed an internal research and analysis capability for the specific purpose of developing and validating sales strategies. Here are some of the advantages we bring:
· Perspective of a sales-centric organization, looking at data through a sales lens, to build strategies that can help you achieve results
· Aggregation of data from various sources, including research outcomes with an ability to overlay various inputs and seek correlations to determine what it will take to meet your sales goals
· Rapid research that can be executed in weeks, versus months, to provide the validation you need for your plan – or allow you to see where adjustments need to be made
· Unbiased partnership that will not be influenced by internal pressures you may experience
· Ability to provide clustering, segmenting, prioritization, and value add insights
Let your 2013 plan be your best by leveraging MarketSource’s laser-focused research to validate your sales plan, with factual power your organization can’t deny.
Topic: Channel Management Improvement Series